So far…I’ve written two novels, both psychological thrillers. The first is with a professional editor, the second with a friend who apparently thinks the story is very exciting.
The fiction over for a while, I’ve been working on a sensitive writing project that I may eventually self-publish under a pseudonym – my memories of childhood written in dramatic narrative with careful consideration given to imagery and pace. The project has brought to mind various legal points. I’m based in the UK, but I would imagine that similar laws exist in the States:
- Never quote lines of lyrics or poems without first getting permission from the publisher or copyright owner
- Don’t write anything that harms a person’s reputation
- If neccesary, disguise names and places
- Do not reveal information about a minor
- Don’t include material that incites others to commit crimes
- Always exercise caution